Monday, May 18, 2009

Time to watch movies...on TV!

I spent the whole weekend at home, recuperating….craving for something, then forced myself to cook and ended up eating just a little.


Pelik, tak de selera tapi teringin nak makan itu ini…lepas masak (yes, I even baked a butter cake with some dates) makan sikit je…


A slice of my butter cake with dates....



I just lazed around the house and got some rest/sleep and even had the chance to watch movies on HBO! Yes, at last…this golden moment of watch-all-the-movies you can!



First it was The Bird – Land’s End on Star Movie. Not bad ..I like the scenery…an island, a house by the beach…one happy American family…and yes, here comes the thriller….killer birds..which attacked and killed humans! Yikes!…Oh, well ..not that scary but it was ..like I said..not bad for family viewing…



Then, on HBO I got to watch Philadelphia (again). I remember watching this movie on VHS…years ago… Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington are just two brilliant actors which made this movie worth every seconds of my full concentration (like…for the 6 or 7th times)! This movie is already 16 years old and I recommend to those who love drama (and hate action/kungfu movies)… Tom Hanks won the 1993 Academy Award for Best Actor (in this movie he played Andrew Beckett, a gay lawyer who was fired because he had AIDS). Again 1994 Academy Awards, he won the Best Actor for his character in Forrest Gump. I just love this guy…he’s a true talent…what can I say….





On Sunday, I watched The Beach…..the one which has Leo DiCaprio in it. I didn’t have the chance to watch it until that day! Good movie…the rave about this movie is actually worth the trip to the cinema ((I mean if you’re living in year 2000!)…I am so ‘ketinggalan zaman’…



Then I realized, I was a frequent movie-watcher (on VHS/VCD)…..as the years go by and as my responsibilities demand ¾ of my life….there goes my favorite hobby which I think help me get connected with the world outside my home for many years….(sigh!)


No comments: