Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Already??


Hmm...it's been quite sometime since I last logged in...


With the opening of the school year, my children's school fees, books, other related to Back to School nesecessities to take care of...I didn't even realize that it's the end of year 2008 until yesterday!! Johor does not recognize 1st January as a public holiday, only my company let us enjoy the 1st day of new year under "Company Holiday"..So, today is the best time to go to the bank, post office etc.

With the economic downturn which is expected to hit Malaysia badly this year, I have to be ready for the outcome. My company has already started reducing overtime for staff and it's not surprising if there'll be staff retrenchment. I can be one of them. Just have to be ready. I read in the newspapers that many companies are laying off upto 3,000 workers this year...Some companies are already slowing down productions....

.... in Malaysia....

The first quarter of this year will be most affected. What a way to start the year, huh?

...global recession ...


Luckily, I don't have many loans or debts to deal with. Only my Kembara is on monthly payment. I have already settled my credit card 'outstanding balance' last year and cut it off into two - and cut it out of my life! Haha...That was a great "achievement"!


So now, one of my new resolutions is ... saving more! More cash in hand can be a life saver! Believe me, to hang on for at least 3 months, jobless...these cash help - a lot!


So guys, start spending wisely (which also means that I have to detach myself from the Munawarrah bandwagon......for now....arghhhhh!!! sigh!) and save more. Someone told me not to apply for personal loans or any other kind of loans at the moment......because...you'll never know....


All the best to us and May Allah SWT guide us in these difficult times...Aminnn...

1 comment:

KC said...

Yes, not wise to take up personal loan, buy things on monthly instalment and as for me, i have to learn to be a bit frugal heh. I'm also tossing off the idea of getting that 2nd car for now, not until the economic slowdown prediction looks ok again which we really do not know when kan.
Yes, lets pray to Allah SWT that everything turns out ok for us here....