Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saturday's Menu was....

Saturday 29/12/2008


The “fastest going” cake in my house is the chocolate cake. Since I have to work ½ day last Saturday (sucks!), I didn’t cook for lunch as we were also invited to a kenduri kesyukuran. We were expecting a guest on Saturday evening, so I started to bake the chocolate cake which was named DEVIL’s FOOD CAKE in the recipe at around 4 pm.


Image failed terribly as I used the hp camera (a cheapo one!)

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
Topping

9 ounce bittersweet chocolate
1 cup heavy whipped cream (bring to boil)

Pour the hot whipped cream to the chopped chocolate. Mix until smooth...!


At 5.30 pm I started to prepare dinner. Just simple beef curry, mix vegetables and fried chicken. Glad everybody enjoyed it.



My kids were snacking on the cake and said “Ma, nanti buat lagi kek ni, sedap!”


No comments: