Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love Our Parents, Let them Rest.......

A file picture.....


I saw this lady (in her late 50s or early 60s) at a store last week. She was with 3 little children. One of them, a boy, around 5 years old was running around the store like nobody’s business. I guess that lady was babysitting her grandchildren. She didn’t even bother to stop the boy from running around, she was tired, obviously. The other two, were girls aged between 2 and 4 (I think).


I wonder why some people let their elderly parents babysit? Haven’t we ‘burdened’ them enough? I hope I will be resting, able to attend religious classes, recite the Al-Quran and do what ever is necessary to make up with whatever I left behind in my younger days. With all the hectic, mind and body challenging younger years, I need a rest and a piece of mind at that stage of life.


I do hope my children are considerate enough not to let me babysit their children. Of course I will say “yes”, if they ask me “mom, can you babysit my child?” Any mother would say “yes” to her child’s request. Mothers - for their children…they will do anything....


However, as adult we should let them rest...they have worked hard for us for many, many years. Find other options, these are our children…if we are ready to bring them into the world, we must be ready to carry out our responsibilities…finding a good babysitter is one of them!


I know it’s hard to trust someone to take good care of our children…but this is one of the ‘challenges’ of a working mom. We have to face it but please, let our parents rest....


No comments: