Wednesday, November 12, 2008

UPSR

It was 10.00 am when I arrived at her school today. (Supposedly, parents were invited after 10.00 am for the UPSR results). However, the results came in early...As I was parking my car, I heard the headmaster's voice announcing each student's result. Announcing through the microphone, I think the whole school and taman in that area could hear her!!! "Muhammad Asraf bin...5A, Norish Natasha Johari, 5 A....Muhammad Arif Amirudin, 4A IB and so on". I was looking high and low for my daughter, Khaleeda.


And there she was ..... sitting right by the door at the end of the hall. She was wiping her eyes with her handkerchief...Oooo..Oooohh...I knew it! I walk myself through the sitting crowd and went straight to her..."Macamana?" She looked at me, surprised, and slowly said "4A" with her fingers showing 4! I said "it's okay" (I cannot hide my teary eyes!!).


I was sad to see her frustration. Her best friends, 2 or 3 of them, all scored 5A and she felt left out.


I called her at home just minutes ago and she feels better already..She told me, all her teachers were hugging her before school ended. "I think they were expecting 5As from me"..that was her remark!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry...!


Well, abah promised her something nice from PC FAIR, and RM50 per A from opah...I guess she'll be ok!!!


To my friends who are caring enough to "doa" and congratulate her, I really really appreciate it. My brother, mom and Mak Su who are also happy with her results, thanks....


5 comments:

Familyof6 said...

Congrats to your daughter. Tell her, it's ok. She still has a long way to go (PMR and SPM).

I remember I cried when I called my daughter and was informed that she scored 5As in her UPSR 2 years ago.

But I was so stupid that I didn't care to go and collect her result.

Kak Z said...

Aku pergi pagi tadi. Keluar kejap. AKu sedih tengok dia sedih...kalau ikutkan aku tak kisah pon 4A ke, 5 A ke...sebab baru drj 6..

pandai ek anak kau...

Familyof6 said...

Ala zara..itu pun kira nasib dia...dia tak pernah pun score straight As in std 6.

Aku pun mcm kau...aku tak kisah UPSR punye result...yg paling penting SPM and make sure they get good marks otherwise susah le mak bapak...

Aku tension ngan anak sulung aku...malas nye belajar compared to my daughter....nak buat cam mana ye?

Kak Z said...

Anak sulong aku lelaki. Lagi la lain dari adik dia ni...So...we are having the same problemo..u r not alone...

Dah depa tak de interest nak belajar, kena cari apa yg dia suka..boleh hantar ke mana-mana kolej belajar benda yg dia suka...

Macam2 ragam budak2 nih..

Unknown said...

kak z, say congrate to Khaleeda...cute pinky gal,
bagus ar die nk compete ngan kwn2 dier kan,nway klu xmsuk hostel pas UPSR xde hal pe,coz kdg2 budak dok skolah biasa lg cerdik dr yg dok hostel...coz budak tuh mmg cerdik cam KHALEEDA akak ni..am i right MUMMY? ;D