Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sunday's Recipe

My children love cake. So, when I found this simple carrot cake recipe in the net, I just have to try it for dessert!


Sunday's Menu (23rd November 2008):



Nasi Tomato and Ayam Masak Merah + Acar Mentah (my version) for lunch.



The carrot cake turned out great! The only thing missing was the pecan..so I substitute it with the ever-in-the-fridge mix fruit (usually used for making fruit cake).


I alter a little bit of this recipe that is the amount of baking powder and baking soda: 1 teaspoon each instead of 2 (original recipe). Just make sure that the carrot is coarsely grated. I used the traditional grater but if you have a food processor, it's even better.


Don't have cinnamon powder? Simple! Just crush the cinnamon stick in the "lesung batu"..then blend the particles (using dry blender)....Taraaaaa....done!!




And for the topping : Since I don't have any cream cheese, I decided not to follow the recipe for topping as in the recipe below. Instead, I make this simple whipped cream topping:


1 cup Whipped Cream (beat until fluffy)
Then add 2 tablespoons of sugar (continue beating until fluffy)



.....minus the topping....


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans


Topping/Frosting:

1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans


Haqimi enjoying the carrot cake!




"Want some?"


ULTIMATE SATISFACTION:
When my husband and children said "Sedap...!!!" .


Next week's dessert: Plan to bake an orange cake! (if time and mood permit..ehemm!)

No comments: